Friday, April 24, 2009

Goodbye Poland... I'll miss you!!

As excited as I am to go to Switzerland, I am also really sad to be leaving poland. The homesickness which I felt when I first arrived is long gone, and now I really feel at home here.

I leave to go to Switzerland tomorrow afternoon. I am catching a bus which will be going through Czech, Germany & France, and arriving in Geneva midday sunday. So a pretty long journey but without doubt it will be the most interesting and beautiful bus ride I've ever had!

I will be living with a family who have a 4 year old daughter. Basically my job will be spending the day with the little girl while her parents are at work. I have been told by her mother that she loves the water, and that she will be dragging me there everyday. Sounds like a pretty good job to me!
The town where they live is bordering onto France, so I will be experiencing a lot of the french culture as well as the swiss. In fact, the main language they speak in that town is french.

Words cannot describe how excited I am!

As most of my friends know, I have not had a mobile phone for 7 MONTHS!!! Yes, how on earth did I survive without a phone? Thats the question I got many times. But I did survive, so it can be done!

Well today I finally bought myself a phone. Its a pink samsung. Its prettyyyy! Pink camera, pink ipod.. now a pink phone!


My last day in poland was spent with my grandparents. We had a really nice bbq. Spring in europe is just so beautiful I cannot describe it, and photos really don't do it justice.

Let me know what you think.. do you prefer this over the spring back in australia?








4 comments:

  1. Prosze , wyslij mi pocztowke.

    Leonard:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww monk your so lucky! i am definetly going to do au pair when i finish school!
    Hope you have lots of fun!
    oh and the pics of you are so pretty!!
    love you
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so great photos! I bet the 4 year will absolutely adore you. :) Hope you have a great time in Switzerland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww those photos are gorgeous, everything looks perfect!

    love andrea xx

    ReplyDelete