Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wrocław


Today my grandparents and I went to Wrocław for half the day, basically so they could show me around where everything is and how to get everywhere, in case I got a job in the area.

Wrocław is one of the biggest cities in poland. From our town, Trzebnica, it's about a 15-20 minute drive, but today we took the bus, which took about twice as long to get there with all it's stops.
In Wrocław, the tram system is still well in use, so we also took a tram to get to a few parts of the city. Wrocław is a huge city, much, much bigger than Sydney, and so there's no way you could walk everywhere!

Today was so warm, I took my jacket off and was walking around in a top and a cardigan, yay!

Here are a few photos of a part of Wrocław which is called 'Rynek'. It's very colourful and there's plenty of cafes, restaurants and bars.







I also managed to squeeze a little bit of shopping into the day. (ok I lied, I spent A LOT of the day shopping lol). And while I was looking at clothes, I also kept my eye open for shops which were looking to hire people. There were quite a few, but they all had signs in the window saying to either email your CV to them or leave it instore with them, and I haven't even finished writing my resume yet. I must say though, I was pretty intimidated by all the polish shops and their polish employees. And I am naturally quite shy, so that doesn't help. However, every job ad says that knowing english is a huge advantage, so that's great for me!

Here are a few of the clothes I bought today, all from H&M.






In the afternoon, I took my grandparents to dinner. (Dinner in poland is eaten early, about 3-4 in the afternoon). We went to this really nice polish restaurant, I ate mushroom soup for entre, roast pork with gnocchi and beetroot salad for main, and as usual, malibu and coke for my drink =)

The mushroom soup was served in a really nice crusty bread roll, it was so yummy!




ps. Oh and you can now comment my blog without having an account, so comment away!

1 comment:

  1. Looks yum....

    p.s stop spending and start saving!!!! Keep away from the shops lol

    Love Chanty xox

    ReplyDelete