Monday, March 30, 2009

Food Glorious Food!

Since I have been in polska, the most exercise I have done is gone for a walk. I don't wanna join the gym cos I don't wanna pay for it (was great having a free gym at work back in sydney!) and I don't want to go for walks every day because I'm too lazy.

So, not exercising + eating yummy polish food all day every day = FAT monika!!

Polish food is so yummy- it's good, fat, wholesome food. A typical polish dinner is a big fat oily pork snitzel and creamy mash potato. And dessert, oh my goodness! Endless cakes, pastries, donuts, cookies, crepes.. everything!

Last friday, my babcia (grandma) and I spent the day making a traditional polish food, pierogi. Pierogi are dumplings, filled with any type of filling you like. The traditional way to fill them is using really creamy mash potato with a little ricotta cheese through it. Other fillings are mushroom, cabbage, chicken, mince meat, as well as sweet fillings such as apple, strawberries, blueberries.

We made pierogi with mash potato, and some with cabbage and mushroom. The best way to eat them is with a creamy white sauce and bits of fried onion and bacon.





Babcia also taught me how to make polish chicken soup, as well as 'chrusty', which are these really thin deep fried bits of dough covered in icing sugar. SO GOOD!

Yesterday I started writing my CV in polish and today I plan to finish it off. Then when that's done I will start looking for work. I am getting a little bored to be honest, it's great to sleep in but I need to be doing something during the days (other than eating!).

Well, babcia just made some chicken, mushroom and cheese crepes, so I'm off!

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha you pig!!! or should i say SWINIA!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahahha HOUSEWIFFFFFEE lol... love it!

    ReplyDelete